In-house training Courses tailored for your organisation, delivered at your offices
If several people have the same training needs, or if you want to develop the knowledge and skills of your staff or board in a particular area, then an in-house programme is likely to be the most effective training option. punto.sud Academy trainers will bring their knowledge and experience to you, saving you time and money and providing completely flexible solutions.
Our appoach in building up an in-house training course
When designing a training module, we take into account that every organisation is different and therefore every bespoke course is inherently unique. There are however some common elements in the process of developing a in-house/bespoke course:
- After the first contact, one expert of the punto.sud Learning Team will help you identify the learning need that you would like us to address.
- Once the learning need is clearly identified, we develop and share with you an appropriate program of support for your staff and organisation. In-house training can also be proposed with a combination of other capacity development tools, like development of web-based informative platforms, distance learning courses, webinars and helpdesk support.
- Once the learning contract is agreed, we bring the learning program to your location at times to suit you.
- Afterwards, we work with you to evaluate the learning program and to focus on a possible follow-up.
For a more lasting impact on staff performance and organisational practice, in-house and bespoke training can also be combined with the development of web-based informative platforms, distance learning courses, webinars and helpdesk support.
How much does the delivery of one in-house training course cost?
Costs may vary due to several factors, but you can expect around 1,800-2,200 € per day, plus effective costs for travelling, food, accommodation and VAT, if due.
Who benefits of our In-house training courses?
Organisations benefiting of our in-house training are mainly actors working in implementing humanitarian and development projects (Civil Society Organisations, International Non Governamental Organisations, UN Agencies and International Organisations), private and public Donor Agencies, Universities and Research Institutes.
This is a not exhaustive list of organisations we have worked with in the last years: Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo – AICS (I), AMI Foundation (P), , Assitance Coordination Unit – ACU (TR), Austrian Platform for Development and Humanitarian Aid (A), , , Centro Per La Formazione Alla Solidarietà Internazionale (I), Concern (IRL), Cooperazione e Sviluppo – CESVI (I), Coordinadora de ONG para el Desarollo (E), Cordaid (UK), Deautsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit – GIZ (DE), Education, Audiovisual and Culture Executive Agency – EACEA (UE), Emergency (I), European Commission Humanitarian Aid & Civil Protection – DG ECHO (UE), Federación Aragonesa De Solidaridad (E), Finn Church Aid (FIN), Food and Agriculture Organisation – FAO (INT), German Red Cross (D), Goal (IRL), International Medical Corps (UK), Impact Initiatives (CH), Intersos (I), Istituto per gli Studi di Politica Internazionale – ISPI (I), Italian Civil Protection Department (I), Norwegian Red Cross (N), Norwegian Refugee Council (N), Oxfam Italia (I), People in Peril (SK), Secours Catholique Caritas France (F), Solidarités International (F), Swedish Red Cross (SE) Together Foundation (SLO), Université Catholique de Louvain-la-Neuve (B), , Voluntary Organisations in Cooperation in Emergencies – VOICE (B), We World Onlus (I), World Food Program – WFP (INT), United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees – UNHCR (INT)
punto.sud Academy training experience
Over the last 10 years, punto.sud has built a strong reputation as a leading provider of effective, expert and high-quality international development training, mainly in the themes of project planning and management, effectiveness and donors’ procedures. In the last decade a relevant number of training modules have been delivered by punto.sud trainers and facilitators in more than 40 countries in Latin America, Middle East, Asia and Africa for the benefit of around 4.000 INGO, CSOs, UN and European Commissions’ staff.
Nowadays punto.sud offers a wide range of courses all over the world, focusing mostly on making the cooperation among CSOs and donors agencies more efficient and collaborative. Main topics range from fundraising to project planning, monitoring, respect of contractual obligations, financial management and internal audit.
Training programmes are based on the adoption of highly interactive learning methods like role-playing, use of case studies, focused conversations, appreciative inquiries, group works, dramas, quizzes, debates, simulations, real life cases and individual reflection.
punto.sud approach aims at behavioural changes, through active involvement of participants in order to acquire insights and skills and change attitudes to fulfil new tasks and responsibilities.
Training across different themes
punto.sud offers a wide range of international development courses under the following categories:
- Project Cycle Management – learn how to plan, budget and manage projects, and the techniques and ways of working that are important for good development work.
- Effectiveness – explore how to monitor, evaluate and assess the impact of your projects and programmes, and learn how to apply the latest tools and techniques.
- Fundraising and Donors’ Procedures – get the inside track on how to access and manage funding from a variety of donors and on how to cope with each donor’s procedures.
- Governance – get benefit from our governance training programme, focused on the development of senior staff and boards of trustees working with national and international development NGOs.
- Networking – learn how to establish, manage and monitor an effective partnership to implement projects in a collaborative and synergic way.
- Communication and Advocacy – acquire skills and techniques needed to communicate your key messages, advocate and campaign effectively, and get an insider view on who to influence and how, including the appropriate use of social networks.
Reasons to choose our in-house courses
punto.sud Learning and Training Programs are delivered by its permanent staff, who has considerable experience in the field and, consequently, a high level of familiarity with the daily problems faced by operators working on the ground. Our trainings are therefore distinctly “field focused”.
punto.sud aims to support the process “Funds (donor) vs Action (implementing organisation)”, resulting in:
- A more efficient use of the resources: reduction of costs and/or increase of quantity/quality of delivered;
- A reduction of management inaccuracies (mistakes vs. internal procedure, vs. donors’ rules, vs. international accountability standards);
- Better monitoring of the action (transparent management, verifiable outcomes);
- Capacity development of operators involved;
- Routinization of change management in place.
Long-lasting training experience
Extensive practical and theoretical knowledge of EC and main donors’ procedures
Permanent staff as trainers
Best quality-price ratio