Getting nervous about the next EU expenditure verification? Would you like to face this challenging process in the smoothest way?
Try this eLearning course! Through a practical scenario, some characters working for an imaginary organisation will guide you through the entire expenditure verification process, presenting its main challenges and providing you many practical tips and tricks to face them.
The course makes reference to the procedure of the PRAG 2018 for all Grants financed by DG DEVCO and DG NEAR, but most of the contents are relevant for all types of project.
To provide the key information and practical tools to ensure a smooth implementation of expenditure verification
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understanding what an expenditure verification consists of
- Deal with the expenditure verification process
- Ensure that all costs incurred during project implementation are eligible
- Know what documents must be prepared for an expenditure verification
- Develop a proper filing and archiving system for accounting records and supporting documents according to the EU requirement
Module 1: What is an expenditure verification?
- Something to be known from the beginning of the project by the whole staff
Module 2: Expenditure verification step-by-step
- The entire process of expenditure verification
Module 3: Ensuring the eligibility of costs
- Practical tips to make sure all your costs are eligible
Module 4: Preparing supporting documents
- Ensuring to collect all needed supporting documents
Module 5: Be ready for the auditors’ visit
- Keep calm and prepare for the visit
Module 6: Expenditure verification report
- Know the types of checks that will be done by the auditors to prepare the reports
Module 7: Survival toolkit
- Keep it with you and don’t be afraid
Methodology: how to participate?
This is and interactive self-paced eLearning: you will be able to follow the course at your own pace, through your computer, laptop or mobile phone.
After subscription, you will be addressed to the punto.sud Academy eLearning platform and subscribed to the course. You will have 30 days, from the first access, to complete the course.
At the end of the course, you will be required to fill in an evaluation form and you will be able to download the certificate of attendance.
eLearning course to strengthen knowledge and capacity to deal with expenditure verification and audit processes
Target group and prerequisites
Financial managers internal auditors and other key staff involved in the administrative and financial management, project accounting and reporting of EU-funded actions. A basic knowledge of EU project implementation rules is needed. Not appropriate for UN Organizations and International Organizations’ staff acting under the PAGoDA.
Number of participants
20% off 3 or more bookings