In recent years, we have witnessed a dramatic increase in the importance, number, and diversity of NGOs: they play a crucial role in developing countries and in humanitarian crisis situations, a role that once was nearly exclusively the domain of governments and for-profit corporations. In many complex situations, the NGOs are more aware of the various needs of the people and are often ready to intervene in a timely fashion.
This eLearning aims to accompany NGOs and not for profit organisations that would like to receive funding from the European Commission in the development and, above all, enforcement of their Code of Conduct.
To provide key information and practical examples to properly develop and enforce your organisation’s Code of Conduct.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand the importance of adopting a Code of Conduct
- Confidently develop a Code of Conduct with specific principles and rules
- Organise appropriate measures to ensure implementation and enforcement of the Code of Conduct within your organisation
- NGOs and accountability: In this introductory module we will try to answer to this question: Why is it important to adopt a code of conduct?
- Key steps to develop your Code of Conduct: This module provides some guidance and tips on getting started and properly organising the process of development of your organisation’s Code of Conduct
- Key topics to include in your Code of Conduct: your Code of Conduct should be developed to match the needs of your organisation, but some specific principles and rules must almost always be included – we will look at them in detail.
- Implementing your Code of Conduct: The enforcement of the Code of Conduct should be one of the highest priorities of any organization. This module provides some tips to define your implementation strategy.
- Monitoring and Reviewing: A code that becomes outdated will quickly lose its importance and relevance. This module presents some actions that can be taken to ensure that your code is always up to date.
Methodology: how to participate?
This is an interactive self-paced eLearning: you will be able to follow the course at your own pace, through your desktop computer, laptop or mobile phone.
After subscription, you will be directed to the punto.sud Academy eLearning platform and subscribed to the course. You will have 30 days, from your first access, to complete the course.
At the end of the course, you will be required to fill out an evaluation form and you can also download the certificate of attendance.
eLearning course to increase understanding of how to develop and implement your organisation’s Code of Conduct.
Target group and prerequisites
Desk officers, project managers, compliance officers, human resources managers and other key staff involved in the overall internal management and control systems of NGOs and not for profit organisations.
Number of participants
The course lasts approximately 2 hours and must be completed within 30 days from first access.
20% off 3 ore more bookings
|e-learning||Always open||On the Web||Creating and implementing an effective Code of Conduct||English||Students, international cooperation and humanitarian aid workers||100 Euro|
(20% off for multiple booking)