The EMERGENCY action acts on Sudanese civil society at different levels, through capacity building and basic health service delivery.
The action hub is in EMERGENCY Paediatric Centre (EPC) in Mayo where EMERGENCY not only offers free and qualified paediatric assistance, but it also provides women with Antenatal Care (ANC) and promotes a preventive approach to child and maternal healthcare through health education sessions.
Due to the persistent marginalization of Mayo inhabitants and to the increasing difficulties of international agencies in accessing the area to deliver basic health services addressing the most pressing needs, EMERGENCY is willing to increase its commitment and presence in the area. This is possible thanks to the cooperation with the co-applicant Mujaddidon (CSO) and the Popular Committees (CBO), in agreement with the Ministry of Health of Khartoum State and Jabel Awlia Health Department (LA) and the strong collaboration with Fondazione punto.sud .
The General Objectives of the action are to contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of marginalised populations in Mayo area in Khartoum and to develop the capacity of Sudanese members of CSOs to identify and address the health and nutrition related needs of vulnerable populations
The purpose of this contract is:
- The creation of assessment study tools , collection methods and database
- To support the periodical analysis of the data collected
- To support the development of training on research methodology
- To support and improve the monitoring system in place
- Elaboration of the final evaluation of the project
See more information in the EMERGENCY website
Pictures provided by Massimo Colvagi. All rights reserved
Type of services provided
Desk review and systematization of communication flows (formal and informal).
Finalisation of the objective of the research
Training are provided for the Emergency ONG staff and its implementing partners on the following topics:
- research methodology;
- tools for data collections and their analysis;
- techniques for the organisation and management of focus group, interviews, etc;
- focus on how to adapt this methodology to the health sector, with specific attention to Child Health, Nutrition and SRH-Sexual and Reproductive
Type of Evaluation Monitoring & Assessment study
Evaluation Dates (start/end) April 2016 – March 2019
Overall Evaluation Value EUR 7.200
Project Title “Health and nutrition for the vulnerable population in Mayo: an integrated multi-sectorial project – SUDAN”
Donor Delegation of the European Union to Sudan and Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo
Leading Agency & Resource Partners
- Mujaddidon Organisation
Dates (start/end) March 2016 – February 2019