The EMERGENCY project aims at contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of marginalised populations in Mayo by ensuring access to free and quality healthcare services (curative and preventive medicine) to children under 14 and by increasing community participation and awareness of the population with regards to health and nutrition issues.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute in reducing maternal, neonatal and child morbidity and mortality, through free of charge, high quality health services, community participation and ownership.
Therefore, the project facilitated strong partnerships among civil society organizations (CSO and CBO) and local authorities working in the area.
The purpose of this contract is:
- To assess the degree to which the objectives pursued have been achieved, in terms of qualitative and quantitative results;
- To investigate to what extent the project’s outcomes (physical and immaterial services delivered to the beneficiaries) have shown to be sustainable also after the end of the implementation
- To finalize the evaluation that should contain conclusions and recommendations at both strategy and operational levels.
During the evaluation phase, particular attention has been put on the following aspects:
- Analysis of the project management, work plan and project’s outputs results;
- Stakeholder analysis and deviations to plan analyses;
- Qualitative survey on stakeholders and beneficiaries perception concerning project outcomes;
- Information concerning relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and impact of the project;
See more information in the EMERGENCY website
Pictures provided by Massimo Colvagi. All rights reserved.
Type of services provided
Elaboration of the evaluation report
- Study of documents related to the project, including sources of verification;
- Meeting with donor for a briefing;
- Interview/working groups with EMERGENCY staff;
- Field visits;
- Focus groups and interview with local stakeholders;
- Report writing.
Type of Evaluation Monitoring & Final Evaluation
Evaluation Dates (start/end) June 2015
Overall Evaluation Value EUR 6.000
Project Title “Community participation to strengthen basic maternal and paediatric health services in Mayo IDP camp, Khartoum State, Sudan”
Donor Delegation of the European Union to Sudan
Dates (start/end) December 2011 – December 2014