© Copyright 2023 PuntoSud – All Rights reserved
The EMERGENCY project has its action hub in the Paediatric Centre in Mayo area where EMERGENCY not only offers free and qualified paediatric assistance, but it also provides women with Antenatal Care and promotes a preventive approach to child and maternal healthcare through health education sessions.
The EMERGENCY project aims at contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of marginalised populations in Mayo by ensuring access to free and quality healthcare services (curative and preventive medicine) to children under 14 and by increasing community participation and awareness of the population with regards to health and nutrition issues.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute in reducing maternal, neonatal and child morbidity and mortality, through free of charge, high quality health services, community participation and ownership.
Therefore, the project facilitated strong partnerships among civil society organizations (CSO and CBO) and local authorities working in the area.
Since 2011, PuntoSud developed a strong collaboration with EMERGENCY and it provided specific and dedicated services for two projects implemented in Sudan since 2011 to 2019.
During the implementation of the two projects, particular attention has been put on the following aspects:
- Analysis of the project management, work plan and project’s outputs results;
- Stakeholder analysis and deviations to plan analyses;
- Qualitative survey on stakeholders and beneficiaries perception concerning project outcomes;
- Information concerning relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and impact of the project.
THE HISTORY OF THE PROJECT
• 2011 - 2014: Community participation to strengthen basic maternal and paediatric health services in Mayo IDP camp, Khartoum State, Sudan”
The purpose of this contract is:
- Elaboration of the evaluation report
- Study of documents related to the project, including sources of verification;
- Meeting with donor for a briefing;
- Interview/working groups with EMERGENCY staff;
- Field visits;
- Focus groups and interview with local stakeholders;
- Report writing.
• 2016 - 2019: “Health and nutrition for the vulnerable population in Mayo: an integrated multi-sectorial project – SUDAN”
The purpose of this contract is:
- The creation of assessment study tools , collection methods and database
- To support the periodical analysis of the data collected
- To support the development of training on research methodology
- To support and improve the monitoring system in place
- Elaboration of the final evaluation of the project
alunni della scuola primaria
SHARING: OTHER PROJECTS
Provision of trainings to the European Voluntary Humanitarian Aid Corps
The European Solidarity Corps programme aims to provide young people, including those with fewer opportunities, with easily accessible opportunities for engagement in solidarity activities, while improving and validating their competences.
EMERGENCY – Sierra Leone
EMERGENCY is working in Sierra Leone since 2001 with a Surgical Centre designed for war victims, then extended to the care of orthopaedic patients and all surgical emergencies.
EU Aid Volunteers Initiative
The 4-year Framework Contract EU Aid Volunteers aims to develop a training programme for the EU aid volunteers initiative, provide training services to candidate volunteers, and assess the competences of the candidate volunteers trained.