© Copyright 2023 PuntoSud – All Rights reserved
The EMERGENCY project has its action hub in the Paediatric Centre in Mayo area where EMERGENCY not only offers free and qualified paediatric assistance, but it also provides women with Antenatal Care and promotes a preventive approach to child and maternal healthcare through health education sessions.
The EMERGENCY project aims at contributing to the improvement of the quality of life of marginalised populations in Mayo by ensuring access to free and quality healthcare services (curative and preventive medicine) to children under 14 and by increasing community participation and awareness of the population with regards to health and nutrition issues.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute in reducing maternal, neonatal and child morbidity and mortality, through free of charge, high quality health services, community participation and ownership.
Therefore, the project facilitated strong partnerships among civil society organizations (CSO and CBO) and local authorities working in the area.
Since 2011, PuntoSud developed a strong collaboration with EMERGENCY and it provided specific and dedicated services for two projects implemented in Sudan since 2011 to 2019.
During the implementation of the two projects, particular attention has been put on the following aspects:
- Analysis of the project management, work plan and project’s outputs results;
- Stakeholder analysis and deviations to plan analyses;
- Qualitative survey on stakeholders and beneficiaries perception concerning project outcomes;
- Information concerning relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, sustainability and impact of the project.
THE HISTORY OF THE PROJECT
• 2011 - 2014: Community participation to strengthen basic maternal and paediatric health services in Mayo IDP camp, Khartoum State, Sudan”
The purpose of this contract is:
- Elaboration of the evaluation report
- Study of documents related to the project, including sources of verification;
- Meeting with donor for a briefing;
- Interview/working groups with EMERGENCY staff;
- Field visits;
- Focus groups and interview with local stakeholders;
- Report writing.
• 2016 - 2019: “Health and nutrition for the vulnerable population in Mayo: an integrated multi-sectorial project – SUDAN”
The purpose of this contract is:
- The creation of assessment study tools , collection methods and database
- To support the periodical analysis of the data collected
- To support the development of training on research methodology
- To support and improve the monitoring system in place
- Elaboration of the final evaluation of the project
alunni della scuola primaria
CONSOLIDATING: OTHER PROJECTS
Fight against energy poverty: evaluation of the Doniamo Energia Calls
Through the evaluation of the Bandi Energia (Energy Call for Proposals), promoted by Fondazione Cariplo and Banco dell’Energia, we contribute to the development of intervention models finalised at avoiding that disadvantaged families in the Lombardy descend into structural poverty. We do this by focusing on promoting skills and territorial networks.
School and gender stereotypes: an innovative intervention model
With the Be.St. – Beyond Stereotypes project we promote the development of a systemic approach across primary schools in order to facilitate relationship building amongst children based on respect and the acknowledgement of diversity in order for future generations to become more aware of their potentials.