© Copyright 2023 PuntoSud – All Rights reserved
The project aimed to foster citizens awareness on risks associated with climate change and to support constant reflection on circular development models capable of integrating the social, economic, institutional and environmental dimensions of actions. In line with this objectives, 17 projects of third sector entities were selected, financed and promoted through 2 calls.
The project was part of the “There isn’t a PLANet B project! Win-win strategies and small actions for big impacts on climate change”, funded by the European Commission as part of the DEAR (Development Education and Raising Awareness) program and was aimed at CSOs wishing to promote challenges related to climate change, stimulating a continuous reflection on the importance of carrying out inclusive shared actions, capable of initiating individual practices and / or stimulating sustainable policies.
The general objective of the project was to contribute to the development of knowledge and critical sense among citizens on global interdependence and on society’s sense of co-responsibility on climate change. This objective was achieved through the promotion and active commitment of third sector entities active in environmental campaigning and advocacy initiatives that promoted effective actions on climate change and sustainable lifestyles.
The 2 calls supported projects aimed at pursuing the following SDGs:
Responsible production and consumption (SDG 12), therefore stimulating responsible production methods and approaches to consumption in order to ‘do more and better with less’. This goal was achieved by increasing the benefits in terms of well-being produced by economic activities, reducing the consumption of resources and pollution throughout the life cycle of the products, greater use of renewable energy sources, recycling and reuse of waste and at the same time improving the quality of life. For example, by financing systemic approaches and cooperation between the supply chain actors, from the producer to the final consumer and raising awareness of consumers towards more sustainable lifestyles through campaigns aimed at increasing awareness.
Fight against climate change (SDG 13), therefore contributing to take actions to combat climate change, increasing citizens’ awareness of possible individual and collective solutions to develop more sustainable and resilient economic systems. For example, by financing systemic approaches and multi-stakeholder cooperation to tackle climate change.
The projects awarded had these common points:
- they used innovative approaches or intervention models or tools;
- they have significantly promoted eco-innovation and the circular economy;
- they have demonstrated clarity in the description of the objectives and in the identification of the targets (with evident measurement of the effects);
- they have proposed collaborations and networking activities with other subjects, public-private partnerships, collaborations with local authorities and companies
THE HISTORY OF THE PROJECT
2018: B Circular
PROGETTI & PARTNERS
8 projects financed
- La bellezza salverà il mondo, LOMBARDIA ( Muse Solidali )
- B Corp School Awareness Challenge, LOMBARDIA ( InVento Innovation Lab )
- Il lato C, LOMBARDIA ( Step4 srl )
- Sensibili al cambiamento, LOMBARDIA ( Luna Nuova )
- Gamification Garden, BASILICATA ( L’Albero )
- CircularSud , CAMPANIA-PUGLIA-SARDEGNA-SICILIA ( CDCA )
- Sandalia Sustainability School, SARDEGNA ( Anima Libera )
- Svolta sostenibile, CAMPANIA ( Cantiere Giovani )
497.000 EURO compreso il cofinanziamento delle organizzazioni
2019: B Circular 2
PROGETTI & PARTNERS
9 projects financed
- COP-Y , LOMBARDIA ( Agenzia InnovA21 per lo Sviluppo Sostenibile )
- Milano, cartoline da un futuro possibile, LOMBARDIA ( Società Cooperativa Sociale A.ME.LIN.C. ONLUS )
- Clima Liquido, LOMBARDIA ( Verdeacqua S.C.S. Impresa Sociale )
- Costruendo Ruralopoli, LOMBARDIA ( SLOW FOOD ITALIA – CONDOTTA DI BRESCIA )
- HOTSTOP giovani contro il cambiamento climatico, SICILIA ( H.R.Y.O. Human Rights Youth Organization )
- ZERO, SICILIA ( neu[noi] spazio al lavoro )
- Made in Carloforte, SARDEGNA ( Posidonia Project Carloforte )
- Knowledge vs climate change, CALABRIA ( Associazione Pensando Meridiano )
- LOOP, PUGLIA ( Associazione ScartOff )
alunni della scuola primaria
CONNECTING: OTHER PROJECTS
Capacity building and follow up services for the empowerment of the beneficiaries awarded through the call “Reazioni” promoted by Compagnia di San Paolo
As part of the “Reactions” call to action launched by the Compagnia di San Paolo, PuntoSud was contracted to accompany a capacity building and follow-up program for the empowerment of the beneficiaries of the grant and to provide them with support in the implementation and reporting of supported projects.
Zero in conduct: in-formative actions driven by young people, teachers and citizens to reduce environmental impact
Aim of the project is to provide tools and new spaces of dialogue in order to help the actors of the formal and informal field activate themselves through educational and training activities to fight climate change, after deeply understanding its mechanisms
NOPLANETB HUB: co-programming against climate change
NOPLANETB is the first Italian HUB that aims to promote the spread of sustainable lifestyles by incubating, co-designing and financing communication, advocacy and awareness-raising ideas and initiatives promoted by small organizations of Italian civil society and aimed at raising awareness of citizens on the topic of climate change