Through the project ENV.net, for over ten years we have been facilitating and supporting the work of environmental organisations in the Balkans and Turkey, through favouring a network building approach while promoting existing resources and opportunities within the different contexts.
The project “ENV.net factoring the environmental portfolio for WB and Turkey in the EU Policy Agenda” is implemented by Co-PLAN (Albania), as leading agency, and ATRC (Kosovo under UNSCR 1244/99), EASD (Serbia), EEB (Belgium), 4X4X4 Balkan Bridges (FYROM), Green Home (Montenegro), LIR Evolution (BiH), PuntoSud (Italy) and TEMA (Turkey), as partners.
With an overall amount of 1 M €, the project is co-funded by the European Commission – Directorate General EuropeAid. It started in December 2017 for a duration of 36 months.
The project aims at contributing to improve the environment for civil society and pluralistic media, as effective and accountable independent actors in dialoguing with Governments for influencing environmental policy and decision-making processes. It is expected that the ENV.net plays a leading role in policy elaboration on environmental issues, orienting the debate in circular economy and climate change issues, involving grass-root environmental CSOs, media and society in the Western Balkans and Turkey region.
In the frame of the project, punto.sud is firstly playing a sort of crosscutting and transversal role, in particular to:
- Elaborate and provide common tools for CSO networking and collaboration (small CSO capacity development) to capitalise the experience acquired in the previous phases (from 2012 to 2016);
- Identify and share good practices within partners (e.g. collaboration with media, re-granting etc.);
- Contribute to the definition of the financial support to third parties package (e.g. guidelines, templates, M&E modalities) and identification of effective models and share within partners;
- Support the revision of existing e- learning modules, by diversifying topics and modalities, and the strengthening of the communication strategy.
Furthermore, PuntoSud is putting the basis to extend some of the key activities to the Italian scenario in order to ensure the spread and exchange of best practices and innovative models in the frame of the circular economy, especially by:
- Contributing to the preparation of a joint methodology for the assessment of the circular economy applicable in the Western Balkans and Turkey;
- Reviewing of existing experience in Italy with regard to the circular economy models and practices;
- Organising of one thematic study tour in Italy on Circular Economy practices.
THE PROJECT IN NUMBERS
CONNETTING: OTHER PROJECTS
Milano in Cartoline
Il progetto “Milano in Cartoline – Immaginare la città del futuro” intende costruire un processo decisionale, partecipativo e democratico con i cittadini di 3 Quartieri di Milano (Ponte Lambro – Molise Calvairate Ponti – Gratosoglio), per progettare con loro il futuro sostenibile del territorio, in risposta al cambiamento climatico e per costruire coesione sociale.
Support to DG ECHO
For over 15 years we have been supporting The Directorate-General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (DG ECHO) so as to facilitate a proper and transparent management of humanitarian interventions and an efficient and effective collaboration between the donor (EU) and the funding recipients (NGOs, International Organisations and Member States’ Specialised Agencies
Through the project NOPLANETB Italy we promote and sustain the systemic joint effort on behalf of donors, local authorities and civil society organisations in order to implement pilot actions finalised at the adoption of sustainable behaviours capable of responding to the needs of all the subjects involved: citizens, businesses and public administration.