Poor education, food and energy: these are three dimensions of poverty that the Fondazione Cariplo undertakes to fight together with institutions, non-profit organizations and companies, according to a model based on the three pillars: public, private and social.
The “Doniamo Energia” programme, promoted in collaboration by Banco dell’Energia and Fondazione Cariplo, is one of the initiatives to combat poverty. 15 projects will be financed to support situations of economic and social vulnerability throughout Lombardy. The Banco Energia Onlus is a non-profit organization, promoted by A2A and the Foundations AEM and ASM, founded in 2016 with the aim of raising funds to support people and families belonging to weak social groups at risk of poverty.
The meeting between Banco dell’Energia and Fondazione Cariplo made it possible to combine resources and skills to support people in economic fragility with paths of support and “re-start” at 360 °, first of all through the distribution of basic necessities or the payment of urgent expenses such as the bills of any energy operator, and then think of routes to take charge and reactivation, which provide for forms of work and social reintegration and to rethink resources for the community, with a view to generative welfare.
There are 15 consortia made of non-profit organizations and local authorities that have presented in partnership the projects that have obtained the contribution on the “Doniamo energia” call and which will support 6,000 people in difficulty.
Type of services provided
The involvement of punto.sud is divided as follows:
- The accompaniment to the actuators (candidates and selected) aimed at facilitating the development of project ideas and the implementation of projects through a feasible and effective monitoring plan. With reference to this work plan, the following actions are inserted:
- Accompaniment to the selection process of the actuators aimed at identifying the best ideas (arising from the first phase of the announcement),
- Support for the formulation of project proposals according to the required quality standards (relative consistency of the call-out approach, targeting, design logic), including the formulation of an appropriate and realistic and sustainable monitoring plan
- Helpdesk support and follow-up in progress, aimed at ensuring data collection and overcoming any operational difficulties of these activities.
- The implementation of a system of monitoring and reporting of the progress of the program, able to systematically detect the progress of the project activities and to produce the information necessary for the periodic and overall control of the projects. In this context, punto.sud was engaged to develop the format for the detection of results in order to ensure the project (and the program) a system for collecting the priority information in order to allow a collection of quantitative data of output and outcome. Together with this action, a complementary work of collecting qualitative information related to the implementation of the projects (deviation from the plan, criticality, elements of strength and opportunities) is also required.
- Critical evaluation of the programme for donors, with the aim of highlighting and communicating to the representatives of the Cariplo Foundation, A2A Spa and the Banco dell’Energia Onlus, the progress of the program and the development of an overall evaluation experience.
Type of Evaluation Support to the selection process, Helpdesk support, Monitoring & Evaluation
Evaluation Dates (start/end) June 2017 – December 2019
Country Italy, Lombardia
Overall Evaluation Value EUR 49.950
Program Title Doniamo Energia
Donor Fondazione Cariplo, Banco dell’Energia, Fondazioni Aem e Asm, A2A
Sectors social inclusion, poverty
Grant Beneficiaries (leading agencies)
- COOPERATIVA SOCIALE PALAZZOLESE
- ASSOCIAZIONE CASA BETEL 2000 ONLUS
- Società San Vincenzo de’ Paoli
- Associazione Comunità Nuova onlus
- CS&L CONSORZIO SOCIALE
- Fondazione Welfare Ambrosiano
- SEZIONE PROVINCIALE ACLI PAVIA
- APS La Rotonda
- Fondazione Archè onlus
- A&I società cooperativa sociale ONLUS
- Fondazione Caritas Ambrosiana
- GVV A.I.C. Lombardia Onlus
- Fondazione di religione e di culto don Angelo Madeo
- Cooperativa Lotta contro l’emarginazione coop. sociale onlus
- Lega Consumatori
Overall Project Value EUR 3.400.000
Dates (start/end) November 2017 – October 2019