This course intends to provide an overview of DG ECHO, its working modalities and the main elements of the 2014 FPA for NGOs. The modules are delivered through presentations together with background speech and visual effects, along with practical exercises at the end of each session to test the acquired knowledge.
To give participants an overall knowledge of DG ECHO, its basic principles and the working modalities.
By the end of this course, participants will become familiar with ECHO terminology and will be able to:
- Appreciate the meaning of working in partnership with ECHO;
- Understand ECHO assessment of humanitarian aid and the funding modality;
- Deal with the basic indications on how to prepare a proposal and the main aspects to be taken into consideration when implementing and closing the ECHO funded Action.
This distance learning covers the following topics:
- 1. Introduction to DG ECHO, the mandate, the basic principles and the working modalities;
- 2. Which humanitarian organisations can become DG ECHO partners and the procedure to follow;
- 3. How does DG ECHO intervenes when a crisis strikes;
- 4. The preparation of humanitarian Actions;
- 5. The implementation of humanitarian Actions;
- 6. The closure of humanitarian Actions.
Free e-learning module to present DG ECHO and the Framework Partnership Agreement 2014
Target group and prerequisites
This course has been designed for newcomer DG ECHO and Partners staff, both at HQs and field level. It can also be used as a refresher course for humanitarian aid workers who already have a knowledge of DG ECHO and want to become familiar with the main novelties of the 2014 FPA for NGOs.
Number of participants
DG ECHO e-learning calendar
Training financed under the DG-ECHO Framework Contract
|e-learning||Always open||On the Web||DG ECHO Framework Contract - free available e-learning||English||Restricted to ECHO-partners staff||free of charge||APPLY NOW|