This course aims to enhance knowledge on ECHO rules, procedures and tools to address sudden humanitarian crises. The course focuses on ECHO tools, but includes useful material developed by other reputable International Organisations.
To improve participants technical skills in dealing with ECHO funded Actions in case of sudden crisis and of limited access.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
- Recall and explain ECHO workflow and the main instruments used in a crisis situation;
- Recall the definition and the specific rules applying to Urgent Action;
- Better use of available instruments for risks and rapid needs assessments;
- Understand the criteria to be fulfilled by an Action to be eligible for ECHO funding in Remote Management;
- Find the relevant information in the FPA and supporting documents / services (training, mailbox, website, newsletter, distance learning).
1-day training module to strengthen the learners’ ability to implement ECHO funded Actions in case of sudden crises
Target group and prerequisites
Humanitarian aid workers involved in the management of ECHO funded Actions, both at field and HQ level.
Number of participants
DG ECHO training calendar
Training financed under the DG-ECHO Framework Contract
|classroom||24 June 2016||Ethiopia, Addis Abeba||All you need to know about Emergency Actions||English||Restricted to ECHO-partners staff||free of charge||CLOSED|
|classroom||23 June 2016||Sudan, Khartoum||All you need to know about Emergency Actions||English||Restricted to ECHO-partners staff||free of charge||CLOSED|
|classroom||26 May 2016||Belgium, Brussels||All you need to know about Emergency Actions||English||Restricted to ECHO-partners staff||free of charge||CLOSED|