The project Il migrante marocchino in Italia come agente di sviluppo e di innovazione nelle comunità di origine is co-financed by the European Commission – DG Justice and Home Affairs. Main objective of the project was the development of a programme focused on the Moroccan community residing in Italy with the aim to facilitate a direct and fruitful co-operation with the Moroccan citizens residing in Morocco (co-development). The project was implemented by a network of Italian and Moroccan public insitutions, research institutes, NGOs and nonprofit organisations, as well as representative bodies.
Three action levels were implemented:
- Development of a research: in the first phase a preliminary inter-institutional investigation implemented both in Italy and Morocco has allowed for comprehensive analysis on the Moroccan contest and the attitude san potentialities of Moroccan citizens leaving in Italy.
- Establishment of a networking: the research has been the base to start a networking activity established with Italian and Moroccan public, academic and private institutions, aimed also at informing and involve Moroccan policy makers (and relevant key institutions active in Morocco) on the potential of the Moroccan people living in Italy as development agents.
- Implementation of a pilot experience: in a third phase, based on the research outcomes as well the network activities, the action has developed a series of pilot initiatives based on training and follow up targeting SMEs. These actions have been developed with the support of different public and private institutions (e.g. APDN, Ministère de l’Economie Sociale des PME et de l’Artisanat, MJE, Delegation of Nador, Tetouan, Oujda e Chefchaouen provences ; Maison de la Jeune Entreprise (MJE); Université de Rabat; Université de Oujda).
A dissemination programme, based on the publication of reports, seminars and one international. conference, gave also the possibility to expand the lesson learnt to a wider audience and at EU level.
Title Il migrante marocchino in Italia come agente di sviluppo e di innovazione nelle comunità di origine
Country Italy, Morocco
Donor European Commission – DG Justice and Home Affairs
Budget Line B7-667
Reference Number JHA/A2/2002/HLWG
Sectors civil society, migration, social business, research, co-development
- Cooperazione Internazionale – COOPI (IT, leading agency)
- El Sur (IT)
- Confederazione Nazionale Artigianato (CNA), Delegazione della Regione Piemonte (IT)
- AMERM (Morocco)
- Ministère de l’Economie Sociale des PME et de l’Artisanat, MJE (Morocco)
Overall project value EUR 1.111.645
Proportion carried out by punto.sud 25%
% of donor’s funding 80%
Dates (start/end) April 03 – February 05